Good morning and welcome back!
Did you enjoy your trip to Europe yesterday? Today we are packing our bag for South America and the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador!
Activity 1- My communication
Activity 2- My Phonics
1. Follow the YouTube link below that will take you to a PowerPoint of today's sound! The sound focus for today is the ‘ck’ phoneme. In your home pack there is a phonics parent support sheet. This will help you with the action and rhyme that goes with the ‘ck’ phoneme.
2. After, using the ‘find the sound’ sheet in your resource pack support your child to circle all the things on the sheet that begin with the ‘ck’ phoneme.
3. Practice forming the ‘ck’ phoneme on the formation sheet. Or you can do this on paper, in flour, sand or rice. Some children may prefer to practise formation on a whiteboard with a pen if you have one
Activity 3- My thinking
Today we will be focusing on number and what Granny bought on her trip around the world.
Activity 4- My world
Starter: Read the pages about games and toys from the book ‘Welcome to our world’ to your child. Explore all the beautiful pictures together! PDF pages are available below.
Main: Around the world children play all sorts of games and with all sorts of toys.
Have a think:
What toys are in your house?
Which one is your favourite?
What games do you play in your house?
Explore the website:
On here there is lots of information about different games and videos of children playing them.
Look through the games and toys PP around the world with your child.
Choose a task:
- Choose one of the new games we have learnt about today and have a go at playing it at home
- Play one of your favourite games at home and take a picture to send to us!
- Make up a new games to play
- Draw a picture of your favourite toy. Parent support your child to write its name. Think about why is it your favourite?