Hello everyone, we hope you are having a good week.
There are 4 sessions again today. The first activity is music with Alison and Cate. We hope by now you have your song symbols. Your child will be able to read them so please use them to support him or her.
This week at school we were going to celebrate Diwali, the Hindu festival of light. There are lots of nice videos on CBeebies to have a look at.
We hope you have fun joining in with the singing and doing the other activities. Please watch the videos as often as you want.
Activity 2 – My Thinking and problem solving – Shape
Today we are looking at the shapes all around us. First, we need to make some binoculars to help us find all the shapes in our homes. For this, you will need:
- Kitchen roll tube cut in half or a piece of paper.
- Items to decorate
Watch this sort video and follow along to make your own pair of binoculars.
Once you have your binoculars find your shape hunt sheet in your pack and see how many shapes you can find. Talk to you child about the different shapes.
Count how many sides your shape has.
Count how many corners.
Which shapes are similar? Which are different?
Then head out on a shape hunt. Use your binoculars to focus children’s attention to look for a certain shape. Walk along like a detective, peering through the glass on the hunt for a circle, or a triangle, or a square.
Look for shapes around your kitchen, bedroom or out and about, in the garden or in the forest, park.
Remember to take photos to show your teacher what you found.
Activity 3 – My Communication, Language and literacy - Phonics
- Click on the YouTube link below that will take you to today’s phonics video! The sound focus for today is the ‘a’ phoneme. In your Day 2 pack there is a phonics parent support sheet. This will help you with the action and rhyme that goes with the ‘a’ phoneme.
- After, using the ‘find the sound’ sheet in your Day 4 resource pack support your child to circle all the things on the sheet that begin with the ‘a’ phoneme.
- Practice forming the ‘a’ phoneme on the formation sheet.
Activity 4 - My World and How it Works – Forest School
Let’s go outside and explore the world around us. Just take time to enjoy the freedom of exploring the world around you!If you can’t get outside I have also provided a Forest School indoors pack because it is also really good to explore the world around us in our own home!
- Both our sessions start with a breathing exercise and a sensory walk. Today we are focusing on the things we can hear. You can use the sensory sounds sheet to help you record what you hear and maybe encourage you to listen a little more closely to the world around you. Maybe you can hear something that isn’t on the sheet?
Now we have had some quiet time taking time for ourselves and to listen carefully to our environment it is time to look at leaves!
Leaf match. Can you find all the leaves on the leaf match sheet? Explore the area around you and see if you can find them all.
Ext- Have you found different ones? What are they? Can you find out and create your own leaf match sheet?
Leaf snap. Can you match leaves with someone else? Everyone pick up a leaf and see if they match. What is the same about your leaves? What is different?
Leaf fun Perhaps you could take out crayons and paper with you and do leaf rubbings. Place the leaf on a flat surface under the sheet of paper, bottom side up, and rub over it with a crayon to make a print. What can you see?
If you are inside today we are doing a very similar set of activities.
Scavenger hunt. Can you find the items on the scavenger hunt sheet? Things inside your home might not be the same as on our sheet. What makes your items similar?
Ext- Can you make a hunt for someone else?
Card or toy snap. If you have a pack of cards play snap. Can you match your card to someone else’s? This activity can also be done with toys. Can you match your toy with another? What makes them similar what makes them different?
Indoors fun! Can you find things around your home that will make great paintbrushes? Perhaps a wooden spoon or a sock? Make sure it is okay to use what you find before using them. If you don’t have paint is there another way that you could mark make using household items?