Activity 1 – Listening game
Today’s listening session
- Good sitting rules.pdf
- Queen's handbag symbols.pdf
- vehicle symbols.pdf
- Wind the bobbin up symbols.pdf
Activity 2 – My thinking and problem solving
Today we are going to create a café in our home.
This role-play activity will create many opportunities to look at several different areas of numeracy.
- We need to create opening times for our café. In your resources pack, you will a sheet that you can fill in with times that you will be open.
- A menu with prices. What have you got in the cupboards? Create a menu of the favourite treats and snack. Keep everything below 10p. When it’s time for a snack or lunch, encourage your child to pay for the items they want.
Too easy – Make you child add together the prices of the items they want.
Great idea – Make your child earn their money. Are there little jobs they could help with around the house to earn extra pennies?
Activity 3 – My communication – phonics
- Follow the YouTube link below that will take you to today’s phonics video! The sound focus for today is the ‘I’ phoneme. In your Day 2 pack there is a phonics parent support sheet. This will help you with the action and rhyme that goes with the ‘I’ phoneme.
- After, using the ‘find the sound’ sheet in your Day 4 resource pack support your child to circle all the things on the sheet that begin with the ‘i’ phoneme.
Activity 4 – My world and how it works – science
Activity 1. Make a boat
The Queen needs to jump into a boat to chase the swan! Let’s make her a boat! We are going to make a boat from tin foil and the instructions can be found on the PDF below.
Ext: what else could you make a boat from? Have a look around your house for boat making materials and have fun experimenting. Don’t forget to email your teacher with photos.
Activity 2. Making a parachute to carry the Queen.
The Queen needs to jump from a plane to chase the swan! Can you make a parachute to help her safely land? Instructions for how to make a parachute can be found in the PDF below.Ext: Can you make a better parachute than mine?