Activity 1 – Listening game
Today’s listening session
- Good sitting rules.pdf
- Queen's handbag symbols.pdf
- vehicle symbols.pdf
- Wind the bobbin up symbols.pdf
Activity 2 – My thinking and problem solving
Today we are going to create a café in our home.
This role-play activity will create many opportunities to look at several different areas of maths.
- We need to create opening times for our café. In your resources pack, you will a sheet that you can fill in with times that you will be open.
- A menu with prices. What have you got in the cupboards? Create a menu of the favourite treats and snack. Remember to add prices. When it’s time for a snack or lunch, encourage your child to pay for the items they want.
Too easy – Make you child add together the prices of the items they want.
Great idea – Make your child earn their money. Are there little jobs they could help with around the house to earn extra pennies?
Activity 3 – My communication – phonics
- Follow the Youtube link below that will take you to today’s phonics video! The sound focus for today is the ‘qu’ phoneme. In your Day 2 pack there is a phonics parent support sheet. This will help you with the action and rhyme that goes with the ‘qu’ phoneme.
- After, using the ‘Quick Fox’ sheet in your Day 2 resource pack support your child reading the story and spotting all the ‘qu’ phoneme. Circle all the ‘qu’ you find!
Activity 4 – My world and how it works – science
Make a boat.
The Queen needs to jump into a boat to chase the swan! Look at the boat making materials that you have. Think about what are the best to use. What things to you need to think about when building a boat?
Once you have made your boat put it into the bowl of water. Did it float? How could you make your design better?
Ext: Can you make the boat travel quickly in the water. What would you do?
Don’t forget to email your teacher with your boat designs. They would love to see them!
Make a parachute to carry the Queen.
The Queen needs to jump from a plane to chase the swan! Can you make a parachute to help her safely land? Instructions to make a parachute can be in the PDF found below.
Ext: Can you make a better parachute than mine? Email your teacher with your creation.