Hello everyone, we hope you are well.
The listening games for today and tomorrow have no videos of Cate. Instead, we would like you to carry out the task with your child using the lesson plans and symbols to support the session.
There are two videos in this session. One is to be used at the start, again with symbols. It is of the “wind the bobbin up song” which finishes with hands on knees ready to look and listen. .
The second video is “I am the music man” to be used with symbols after the listening activity which has involved playing with instruments. We hope your child enjoys them.
- Looking and Listening advice for parents.pdf
- Good sitting rules.pdf
- Wind the bobbin up symbols.pdf
- Week two day two.pdf
I hope you had fun playing instruments and singing along to the videos together.
Tomorrow's listening game is a little harder as your child has to identify a sound played behind a screen. The screen could be a large book or even a sofa.
Have a lovely day.
Activity 2 – My Thinking and problem solving –Number
Good morning! Today we are going to be creating a number line.
Using the tiles in your pack get your child to write the numbers 1 – 10. Get your child to lay them out on the floor in order.
Now for the fun bit. Get your child to go around the house to find different items to create their timeline. Have a look at the document below for some inspiration.
Once you have created your number line, take a photo to send to me.
Too easy – why not try creating a number line going up in 2s, 5s or even 10s.
Activity 3 – My Communication, Language and literacy - Phonics focus
- Follow the Youtube link below that will take you to today’s phonics video! The sound focus for today is the ‘t’ phoneme. In your Day 7 week 2 pack there is a phonics parent support sheet. This will help you with the action and rhyme that goes with the ‘t’ phoneme.
- After, using the ‘find the sound’ sheet in your resource pack, support your child to circle all the things on the sheet that begin with the ‘t’ phoneme.
- Practice forming the ‘t’ phoneme on the formation sheet. ou can also practise forming the 't' letter on paper, in sand, flour or anything you like!
Activity 4 - My World and How it Works - My Science
Good morning! Today we are making a well-being jar like I use in my breathing exercise video. If you would like the link to this video re-sent then please let me know. You can also find out more about well-being jars here: https://youtu.be/XyEX5xmenfA
You will need:
A jar (I use plastic ones) because there is a danger that the jar can be dropped.
Bubble liquid/ clear hand soap/ glycerine/ vegetable oil
Super glue or glue gun.It would be lovely to see your jars once you have made them! Don’t forget to use them when you are feeling a little anxious or angry.