Activity 1: My Communication
Watch Beatrice, Sebastian and Sofia with their dog Blau from Ecuador say hello to us.
Now watch the video of Beatrice and her mum Sofia read a book for us in both Spanish and English.
Activity 1 - Phonics
1. Follow the YouTube link below that will take you to a PowerPoint of today's sound! The sound focus for today is the ‘ck’ phoneme. In your home pack there is a phonics parent support sheet. This will help you with the action and rhyme that goes with the ‘ck’ phoneme.
2. After, using the ‘find the sound’ sheet in your resource pack support your child to circle all the things on the sheet that begin with the ‘ck’ phoneme.
3. Practice forming the ‘ck’ phoneme on the formation sheet. Or you can do this on paper, in flour, sand or rice. Some children may prefer to practise formation on a whiteboard with a pen if you have one
Story time with Liss
Listen to Liss reading Deepa story from India
Activity 3 - My World around Me
Starter: Read the pages about games and toys from the book ‘Welcome to our world’ to your child. Explore all the beautiful pictures together! PDF pages are available below.
Main: Around the world children play all sorts of games and with all sorts of toys.
Have a think:
What toys are in your house?
Which one is your favourite?
What games do you play in your house?
Explore the website:
On here there is lots of information about different games and videos of children playing them.
Look through the games and toys PP around the world with your child.
Choose a task:
- Choose one of the new games we have learnt about today and have a go at playing it at home
- Play one of your favourite games at home and take a picture to send to us!
- Make up a new games to play
- Draw a picture of your favourite toy. Parent support your child to write its name. Think about why is it your favourite?