Day 2 Listening
Today’s listening session
- Good sitting rules.pdf
- items in handbag symbols.pdf
- large handbag symbol.pdf
- Wind the bobbin up symbols.pdf
Activity 2 - My thinking numbers
Today we are going are going to look at the different shapes around London.
In your pack you will find lot of different cards with different landmarks. Have a look through and find your favourite. What shapes can you see? What colours can you see?
Can you make your favourite building? Using blocks or Lego. You could use junk modelling to build a building just like in one of these pictures.
If you don’t have any of these materials you could try to draw your picture. In your pack, you will find a colouring page that your child might like to colour in.
- Green + Purple - london landmark.pdf
- Green and Purple london colouring.pdf
- Purple - 3d shape word mat.pdf
Activity 3 - My communication phonics
- Follow the Youtube link below that will take you to today’s phonics video! The sound focus for today is the ‘sh’ phoneme. In your week 2 pack there is a phonics parent support sheet. This will help you with the action and rhyme that goes with the ‘sh’ phoneme.
- After, using the ‘The Ship Shark’ sheet in your week 2 resource pack support your child reading the story and spotting all the ‘sh’ phoneme. Circle all the ‘sh’ you find!
Practice writing the ‘sh’ phoneme on the find and write the ‘sh’ word sheet.
- Parent Information Sheet sh.pdf
- T-L-6312-Write-and-Colour-the-sh-Words-Activity-Sheets_ver_1 (1).pdf
Activity 4 – My world and how it works – science
Think about our story ‘The Queen’s Handbag’. The Queen visits lots of different landmarks in the UK. Some of them are manmade structures and today we are going to be making our own tower and bridge. The instructions for these activities can be found on the PDF below